This summer is moving fast! Don’t miss out on all the fun! Below you’ll find great ideas for a fun weekend getaway to Marshall County, Indiana including 4H Fair, outdoor concert, and more. You can find even more ideas on our online calendar of events.
1. 2nd Fridays in Downtown Plymouth begins the festivities with Sidewalk Sales, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The “Fun Fair” starts with a Kiddie’s Parade at 6pm followed by a Bicycle Cruise at Country Road Bicycles. Downtown merchants will have games in front of their stores, Heartland Artist Gallery will be providing face painting while hosting their opening reception for their artist of the month Lisa Bemish. Plymouth Aquatics will be selling refreshments to raise funds for the Plymouth Pool from 11am-5pm and from 5-8pm will be selling cotton candy, popcorn, and more. So don’t miss out on the fun, bring your family and have a great time!
2. Encore Preforming Arts is hosting its “Music in the Park” Series at the Young Amphitheater in Centennial Park in Plymouth on July 12, 2013. The country music of Kari Lynch Band will be performing live, invite friends, family and neighbors for a great evening of entertainment. Gates open at 6:00pm, concert begins at 7pm and tickets are $10.00 per person, youth/students are free. Tickets available at Encore office, tickets outlets or at the gate.
3. See you at the Marshall County 4-H Fair beginning Sunday July 14-July 20, 2013! Located at the Marshall County Fairground in Argos Indiana, this year’s fair promises to be another fun-filled and exciting event. Daily activities include: livestock judging, Horse & Pony classes, 4-H Exhibit Building displays, Open Class Building Displays, Commercial Exhibits, Family Activity area events, Entertainment, Carnival, plenty of food, and MORE!!! Visit our Fair Schedule page for a complete list of activities and events. Nashville Recording artist and Plymouth, Indiana resident, Kali Rose will perform at the Marshall County 4-H Fair on Sunday, July 14th at 8:00 p.m.
4. “Get Evil” at Marshall County’s one and only microbrewery Evil Czech Brewery located in Culver, Indiana. They are a local Farm to fork brewery focused on quality ingredients to produce the highest quality beer and food with a lot of personality along the way. Sometimes for beer to be good, it has to get evil. They have a delicious menu as well, try their specialty Evil Mac & Cheese with sharp cheddar cheese, garlic pretzel crust, and devil elbow pasta.
5. Have you ever heard of wakeboarding? What is wakeboarding? Its surface water sport which involves riding wakeboard over the surface of a body of water. It was developed from a combination of water skiing, snowboarding, and surfing. The Culver Marnia offers lessons on Lake Maxinkuckee, they supply the boat and all gear you need. So give them a call today at 574-842-3375.
So grab your family, enjoy an evening of music, or fun at the fair, or even some delicious food all while taking the the Time to Unwind in Marshall County.