Its almost August, summer is moving super fast! Don’t miss out on all the fun! Below you’ll find great ideas for a fun weekend getaway to Marshall County, Indiana including Moonlight Serenade, outdoor concert, sidewalk sales, and more. You can find even more ideas on our online calendar of events.
1. Culver Academies Summer Schools & Camps’ Moonlight Serenade will be held this Friday, July 26, and Saturday, July 27. The Culver Summer Naval Band, aboard the R.H. Ledbetter, will begin at the Naval Pier at approximately 8:30 p.m. each night. The Serenade will cover the east shore of Lake Maxinkuckee Friday and the west shore Saturday. The Ledbetter will make a stop at the Culver Town Park each night at approximately 8:45 to 9 p.m. before heading down the respective shorelines. Be sure not to miss this wonderful tradition as well as the last Garrison Parade at Culver Academies Riding Hall at 8pm this Sunday July 28.
2. Encore Preforming Arts presents “Music in the Park” with Soul Funkshun is a five-piece band based out of South Bend specializing in Funk, Soul, R&B and more Funk. Gates open at the Young Amphitheater in Centennial Park in Plymouth at 6pm and the music begins at 7pm. Tickets are $10.00 per person. And if you are looking for dinner and music, check out the Jhonny & Sallie Show on the patio of Dickies restaurant at Swan Lake Resort beginning at 7pm.
3. Sidewalk days this weekend in Culver take place Friday, July 26 and Saturday, July 27, in downtown Culver. As in years past, South Main Street between Jefferson and Madison Streets will be shut down and participating businesses will offer sale and special items for browsing shoppers during regular business hours. And it that time of year again the Corn roast, Firemen’s Fest Saturday. This longtime annual tradition, the Culver Lions Club’s corn roast, held in the town park, will take place Saturday evening, July 27, with serving from 4:30 to 7:30. Fresh-roasted corn on the cob, hamburgers, and more are part of the cost of the meal. The annual Culver Firemen’s Festival is also part of the lineup. Taking place outside the fire station on Lake Shore Drive, the event includes games, play activities for children, and much more.
4. This summer the Maxinkuckee Players will be performing the Andrew Lloyd Webber hit, “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.” Nominated for Tony Awards for Best Musical and Best Score, “Joseph” has had many runs in theaters around the world, and will soon be coming to the Culver stage! Performances at the Culver Community High School auditorium. Performances will take place Fri. July 26, 7:30 p.m.; Sun. July 28, 4 p.m.; Wed. July 31, 7:30 p.m.; Fri. Aug. 2, 7:30 p.m.; Sat. Aug. 3, 7:30 p.m.; Sun. Aug. 4, 4 p.m.
5. Blueberries are ready for the picking! Don’t miss out on great fresh berries at the two Marshall County locations, Pickin Patch (800-567-8264) and Pertics Blueberry Plantation (574-784-3331). Call Today!